This blog is for you!
If you’re a member in good standing with RMFW and belong to the Littleton Writers Critique Group (either Tuesday or Thursday night groups), then you can take advantage of this forum to post your latest and greatest short stories, character sketches, and anything else that is pure fiction created by you, and your lonesome.
As the Pirate Captain Hector Barbasso said in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl “…these is more what you would call guidelines than actual rules.” But, to help you out and keep us all on the straight and narrow, here goes:
- How long can my article be? – 500-800 words. Max.
- Will you publish my article as installments? —
If need be, we’ll publish it in 2-3 installments. Each should be 500-800 words. Just remember, this is a blog — not a novel. Keep it short and pithy and keep our eyeballs churning. Since there are no pages here, I couldn’t very well say, “make it a page turner.” But, you get the idea.
- May I use profanity? — Dammit no! Seriously, use your own judgment. Is the language consistent with the character? Do I want my grannie to read this? Just keep it tasteful, please.
- May I submit pieces other than fiction? — Negatory. This blog is for fiction writers working hard to improve our fiction. So let’s see what you got.
- Plagiarism is an absolute no-no. It’s also redundant since it was already said somewhere before. Be original and you won’t have to worry about it. Which reminds us that Mark Twain once said, “What a good thing Adam had. When he said a good thing, he knew no one had said it before.”
- What else do I need to know? — Do these following things and ye shall be published here forthwith: (1) include your 500-800 word fiction piece; (2) include 2-3 sentences about yourself; (3) include a .jpg color photo of yourself; and (4) email it all in word format to Z.J. Czupor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rights? We’re looking into this to be sure, but you as the author of your submission will retain all rights. More information on this subject will appear here soon as we obtain confirmation.
- Questions? If you have other questions, please send them via email to Z.J. Czupor and he (I) will answer you as promptly as humanly possible, if not sooner.
Submit. Submit. Submit. We look forward to reading your original fiction here.